Re: From "Etch" to Testing ("Lenny") [ANSWERED]

Colin wrote:
andy wrote:

I decided what the heck, and dived right in, changed my sources.list to
testing, ran update and then dist-upgrade. I rebooted once all was done
and am finding things just fine.

Nothing like learning from experience.

Um.... you don't learn anything unless things go wrong and you fix them. ;-)

On the contrary ... I learned that this was a safe process and the 40 megs of new packages I DL'd now give me lenny/sid when I run cat /etc/debian-version. As a new Debian user I can tell you, the learning process extends beyond only learning from mistakes.

Anyway - nice job Debian developers. As the first dist-upgrade I've ever run, I am mighty impressed with this system and process. Thanks