Re: webcam model for etch

On 4/30/07, Marcelo Chiapparini <marcelo.chiappa@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

I have installed etch in a sony vaio notebook with success. Now, I want
to install a webcam on it. I have looking the Webcam HOWTO

http://www.linux.com/howtos/Webcam-HOWTO

that seems to be an old HOWTO.. see this:
http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html

and I think that a SPCA50X or OmniVision based model would be fine...
However, I will appreciate very much any advice from user of this
list...

I have Logitech QuickCam IM (the one with 0x046d, 0x08a0 as vendor ID
and prod ID) which works fine with the gspca driver (I use Yahoo IM
from Kopete). Look at the "Known Cameras" section of the website I
suggested and make your call. Since you are using Debian (gspca is
already avaliable from the official repo), so just a few apt-get
install should do the job (if you get an appropriate webcam)

Good luck..

--
Regards
PK