Question about LVM on Debian

I'm thinking of trying LVM on one of my Etch machines and I look for
packages in the Etch repository. I see clvm, lvm-common, lvm2, and the
virtual package, lvm-binaries. Looks easy, but the text description
for lvm-common contains the following:

<quote> ... You need to install in addition one of lvm5, lvm6, or
lvm10.
</quote>

There are no such packages in the repository. I suppose lvm2 is the
successor to all these packages, and the description is simply out
of date, but I'd like confirmation before I do something the might
turn out to be a big mistake.

TIA
--
Paul E Condon