Re: Question about LVM on Debian

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 11:05:09AM -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I'm thinking of trying LVM on one of my Etch machines and I look for
> packages in the Etch repository. I see clvm, lvm-common, lvm2, and the
> virtual package, lvm-binaries. Looks easy, but the text description
> for lvm-common contains the following:
>
> <quote> ... You need to install in addition one of lvm5, lvm6, or
> lvm10.
> </quote>
>
> There are no such packages in the repository. I suppose lvm2 is the
> successor to all these packages, and the description is simply out
> of date, but I'd like confirmation before I do something the might
> turn out to be a big mistake.

$ COLUMNS=200 dpkg -l |grep -i lvm
ii  lvm-common                                   1.5.20               The Logical Volume Manager for Linux (common files)
ii  lvm2                                         2.02.06-4               The Linux Logical Volume Manager

Everything works like a charm here.  If you install lvm2, it will pull
in lvm-common as a dependency.

Regards,

-Roberto

--