Re: wireless - is it possible?

Default User (<xyzzyx@sbcglobal.net>) wrote:

> I did install ndiswrapper-common, but when I run sudo ndiswrapper, i
> get:
> "Error: no versions of ndiswrapper found!"
>
> man ndiswrapper only says:
> "ndiswrapper  is a wrapper for the version-specific ndiswrapper-X.X
> programs (where -X.X is ndiswrapper  is a wrapper for the
> version-specific ndiswrapper-X.X programs (where -X.X is the version
> number of the utils; ie, ndiswrapper-1.8).  It simply figures out
> which
> version should be called, and calls the appropriate binary.  Each
> version?s man page contains its usage details."
>
> Well gee, that sure explains it all . . .

You did not install the ndiswrapper programs and the ndiswrapper kernel
module. Install ndiswrapper-utils and run

module-assistant auto-install ndiswrapper-source

After that, follow the configuration guidelines in the ndiswrapper Wiki
on ndiswrapper.sf.net. For the future, use apt-cache show $packagename
and apt-cache search $keyword to get more information on the packages
you are about to install.

regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270