Re: more editing of the subject line of a thread [RE-][RE-][EDITED]?

P Kapat wrote:
On Saturday 28 April 2007 12:46:48 am Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 12:52:26AM -0400, P Kapat wrote:
On 4/28/07, P Kapat <kap4lin@gmail.com> wrote:
I googled around a little bit, and did some simple mailing-replying
actions.. It seems like gmail uses "subject" for threading the
conversations. Kmail uses something else (i guess, In-Reply-To). Not
just that, when you change the subject line when replying to a
thread/conversation using gmail, it "removes" the In-Reply-To header;
as a consequence any MUA ( i think) will get that messsage wrongly
threaded. So, to me it seems like a problem with gmail's mailing
system rather than MUA at the reading end... To prove the point
(hopefully!), my next mail on this thread (using gmail) will have a
modified subject line, check if the In-Reply-To header is removed, or
whether it is threaded in a proper way with whichever MUA you use at
your end..
OK, heres I am "replying" to my own mail from gmail, after editing the
subject line...
indeed the threading is broken here in mutt. And you're right, the
In-Reply-To header is gone. looks like gmail is broken there.

This might be getting out of hand and a futile exercise in the end. But one last time, let me add a modification...

This mail, with re-edited subject is being sent from Kmail using smtp.gmail.com pop server. I am hoping that the In-Reply-To header will remain with the mail and a "decent" MUA (like KMail, mutt, Evolution, ...) will be able to thread it properly (ie, not a new thread). But those of you who are reading it using gmail will see this as a "new thread/conversation".

No more mails on this issue from my side. I will have broken my own agenda twice now!!

This time by Icedove and sent using my ISPs SMTP server.
Your threading worked fine from here tho, so this looks like 2 threads, anyone using outshite express care to test?

--
Garrr, do your bit for global warming, become a pirate, you can "borrow" my copy of Windows 95 if you want.