Re: apt-get install synaptic / sources.list

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 10:06:25PM +0100, somethin2cool wrote:

> If i use a tarball, i have to wait for an error message, go get a
> dependancy, try again, get another, try again... and this is fine by all
> developers minds. To mine it is not. There is a problem.

Wherever you get the tarball from should list the dependancies.

> Bet you'd all be shocked if I came up with the perfect solution ;-)

You're going to reinvent aptitude?  Read the apt manual, users guide,
HOWTO, the aptitude user's manual, the debian-reference, debian policy
manual, and the installation manual, and of course all the man pages.

Then see if you can improve it, without breaking systems that have been
running fine since before woody.

Good luck,

Doug.