Re: Can't mount pen drive (SOLVED -- Sort of)

Wayne Topa wrote:
Wayne Topa(linuxone@intergate.com) is reported to have said:
Marc Shapiro(mshapiro_42@yahoo.com) is reported to have said:
Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 20:46:38 -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:

Does anyone have a clue why /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 are created and the drive will mount if plugged directly to the cable, but /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 are not created if the drive is plugged into the detected and configured hub (yes, I have tried all four ports on the hub)?

See if the hub is changing the drive letter. ie fdisk /dev/sd[b|c|d].
Thats what my external USD Disk dies.
correction!                       does.

Gotta remember to spell check for typos!!
No, the drive gets detected but does NOT get configured at all. See my other post (replying to Greg) for the dmesg output showing what does, or does not happen.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com