Re: Xfce eating memory?

Hello Land.

Since I’m subscribed to this list you don’t need to CC me; just send the mail
directly to the list. Oh, and BTW: please teach your mail client to wrap lines
at 80 characters and don’t top quote, thank you.

Land Haj, 28.04.2007 15:27:
> ----- Original Message ---- From: Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> To:
> debian-user@lists.debian.org Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 7:45:01 AM
> Subject: Re: Xfce eating memory?
> Land Haj, 28.04.2007 14:37:
>>> I'm using debian etch, and have noticed that the processes
>>>
>>> 9376 landhaj  15   0  514m 498m 9.9m S    0 15.2  11:53.10 xfdesktop 9390
>>> landhaj  15   0  499m 492m 6928 S    0 15.0  10:03.07 xfce4-menu-plug
>>>
>>> seem to eat a lot of memory.
>>
>> These are known memory leaks in xfdesktop[0] and xfce4-menu-plugin[1]. There
>> is not much you can do about it; I for myself periodically kill xfdesktop and
>>  restart it to free some memory.
>
> Thank you for this information! Maybe it would be time for me to finally
> start using GNOME? Or does it have similar leaks?

I would probably never go back to GNOME since it is still not nearly as
light-weight as Xfce is. But your mileage may vary, so you better just try which
suits you better.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules