Re: How to determine which filesystems are available

On 4/28/07, Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:59:19 +0530 Kushal Kumaran wrote:
> On 4/28/07, Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:
> > I inserted a Mac HFS formatted USB stick, and to my surprise a
> > window popped up in Gnome, displaying its contents.
> > Debian handles the HFS filesystem by default??
> >
> > Which makes me wonder, how I could determine which filesystems are
> > available. Are HFS+ and UFS supported?
> > Or, to put it more precisely: support for which filesystems is
> > compiled into the kernel.
>
> Try /proc/filesystems.  See the manpage for proc(5).  For more info on
> the running kernel, take a look at /proc/config.gz

Here's the contents of /proc/filesystems (Etch).
Odd enough, HFS is not listed, despite the fact that it appears to be
functioning. ???

$ cat /proc/filesystems
<snip contents not containing hfs>

It appears to show only those filesystems that are supported by loaded
modules or that are built into the kernel.  You can look into the
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/fs/ directory to see what filesystem
modules are available.

--
Kushal