Re: Architecural modelling software

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 10:42:26PM +0100, andy wrote:
> I am looking for some architectural design modelling software that will
> enable one to design buildings and model the effects of lighting, wind,
> insulation values, etc.
> Does anyone know of anything that can do this kind of job? I've searched
> on Sourceforge and google.com/linux but to no avail. Are there any
> architects here who could recommend a GNU/Linux Debian-friendly program?

I have a fresh installed Varkon on my Etch system, and I think it is
capable to do much to modelling some model.

I start to study varkon, which has very different GUI from others CAD
systems, and very different approach to modelling a system.

Here [1] is a tutorial to varkon.

If you install varkon, you must to read the README's in the
/usr/share/doc/varkon/ directory to setup properly varkon on Debian.

It is easy to setup.

Also read the manuals and look to Varkons homepage [2].

[1] http://www.marcdatabase.com/~lemur/vk-varkon-tutorial.html
[2] http://www.tech.oru.se/cad/varkon

--
Regards, Paul Csányi