Re: teTeX --> TeX live: When to migrate?

* KS <lists04@fastmail.fm> [070425 15:42]:

> While the installation of texlive went fine with my Sid box, it did take
> quite a lot of space doing that upgrade. It ended up using more than
> 500MB in my /usr partition. Did anyone notice that?

In my installation of etch, /usr/share/texmf-texlive occupies 245
Mbyte; I did not check other directories.

Perhaps you need to allocate more disk space to /usr ?

Once I have a comfortable desktop environment with all my normal
software installed, I run "df" to see how much of each partition I am
using, and then make a note in my log book.  Then, whenever drive
replacement or other problems necessitate reinstallation of Debian, I
go to the log book and know how big I need to make each partition.
This approach provides a quick and sure answer to a question which
often vexes the new Linux user.

On this desktop machine, my partitioning is:

    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

    1.8G  194M  1.5G  12% /
     90M   21M   65M  25% /boot
     58G  4.2G   51G   8% /home