teTeX --> TeX live: When to migrate?

I know, sooner or later I will have to migrate from my present teTeX to TeX live (currently running etch). Both are available for etch. I'm a happy user of teTeX, not missing any features and just wondering of when is the best time to migrate: now, later or should I wait for an automatic upgrade in the process of upgrading to lenny, lenny+1, whenever it will happen.

Are there any issues to be aware of or is it just an 'aptitude install texlive'?

I am developing and using my own .sty files along those of teTeX, and of course, I'd rather not break one of those ;-)

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Johannes