Re: hdparm SCSI

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 11:15 +0100, yag wrote:
> Hi, and sorry if this appeared twice, I believe my first
> post did not get through.
>
> After upgrading to the latest Ubuntu release, which ships
> a 2.6.20 kernel, all the drives are treated as SCSI ones.
> That's fine, there's probably a good reason for that. The
> only thing is that I'm now not able to use hdparm to change
> the drives' settings--multicount, acoustic management, etc.
>
> I tried sdparm but it doesn't help much or I don't know how
> to use it.
>
> Could somebody give some info on this issue, please?

Yep, its currently an Ubuntu release issue. Nothing in Debian currnetly
REALLY pushes it. I use 2.6.20 stock *DEBIAN* kernel and it works
normally.

If you need help with Ubuntu, pleae goto the forums or the mailing
lits(??? haven't thought to see if MLs exist at all for Ubuntu)

Cheers.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup