hdparm SCSI

Hi, and sorry if this appeared twice, I believe my first
post did not get through.

After upgrading to the latest Ubuntu release, which ships
a 2.6.20 kernel, all the drives are treated as SCSI ones.
That's fine, there's probably a good reason for that. The
only thing is that I'm now not able to use hdparm to change
the drives' settings--multicount, acoustic management, etc.

I tried sdparm but it doesn't help much or I don't know how
to use it.

Could somebody give some info on this issue, please?

Thanks