Re: laptop harddrive noise

Paul Johnson wrote:
Adam Hardy wrote in Article <[🔎] 462E1071.9080100@cyberspaceroad.com> posted to
gmane.linux.debian.user:

I installed etch onto a new pc which is made up of a low energy
consumption mobo and two 2.5 inch laptop 120 gig harddrives.

The low energy consumption was my priority because I want to leave the
machine on 24x7. However these are the first 2.5 inch harddrives I've ever
had and they (or at least one of them) are making a disconcerting clicking
noise every 5 to 25 seconds at random - it sounds a bit like a metronome,
if it wasn't so irregular.

The hard drive in my Thinkpad did that for about a day, then it died. Consider saving up for a new hard drive soon.
And a backup, like right now.