Re: incorrect times displayed

Steve Kleene wrote:
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:23:35 -0400, I wrote:

I also tried adding this at the end of /etc/defaults/rcS:

HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa"

and rebooted.  That didn't fix it either.  Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:26:03 +0200, Florian Kulzer replied:

Just to make sure that we do
not have a misunderstanding here: Do you still get the "select() to
/dev/rtc..." error if you run the hwclock command with the "--directisa"
option?  (hwclock should bypass /dev/rtc when called like that,
therefore I am a pit puzzled.)

That's correct.  After adding this

HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa"

to /etc/default/rcS, rebooting, and running either of these

  hwclock --show
  hwclock --set --date="23 Apr 2007 13:06:46"

I still get the message

  select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

You might have to try some of the other options described in "man
hwclock". If you find a way to make the hwclock command work then you
can put those options in /etc/default/rcS.

Thanks.  I'll look into that when I have time.

Maybe I'm stuck with this.  In any case, though, it seems that times are
recorded correctly and only the displayed times are goofy.  As I mentioned,
if I make a file on a flash drive and list it on another computer, it shows
the correct time.

i agree with your last alinea. it is all the same on my machine. however: it did not bother me enough to put this on this list. however as we say here: 'shared sorrow is half the sorrow' (translated from dutch).

when needed (once) i put the time 'right' in my bios.

steef