Re: [OT] Universities, Linux, M$, USA

* Michael Dominok <du.lists@dominok.net> [2007 Apr 24 03:33 -0500]:
> Am Dienstag, den 24.04.2007, 02:46 -0500 schrieb Gnu_Raiz:
>
> [Snipped Horrorstory]
>
> > Oh if
> > your curious about what University I attend it's the University of
> > Memphis, not that it makes any difference.
>
> Is this typical for US-universities?

Pretty much.

> Looks like "old Europe" is leading here?

Well, if you consider that a decade or so ago that our universities
implemented technology from a national vendor and what was most likely
to be found in the workplace, it's not so unusual.  The huge installed
base creates its own momentum.  The tide is (probably) slowly turning,
but it will take a while.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of