Re: versions of packages available in other branches

On 4/23/07, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com> wrote:
P Kapat wrote:

>> > apt-get install devscripts
>> > rmadison $PKG
[snip]
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/devscripts_2.10.3_i386.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/licensecheck', which is also in package
> kdesdk-scripts
> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)

I just searched the BTS and found
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=419754 Looks like this bug
is fixed in 2.10.4

Well it needed a two tier upgrade.. Installing the 2.10.4 wanted to
remove kdesdk-scripts!!  So I had to upgrade kdesdk-scripts to
4:3.5.6-2 then install devscripts. Nice collection of scripts I must
say.. It would be helpful to have some more information in the
manpages..

--
Regards
PK