Re: some fonts in kde / iceweasel not anti-aliased - but not all

Florian Kulzer on 23/04/07 20:40, wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 20:04:58 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
Got a wierd problem that I can't find any viable solution for in google. I set up a new machine with etch, running kde and iceweasel.

Most of the main fonts are not anti-aliased in iceweasel. I downloaded firefox and tried that, same result.

The funny thing is that I am running etch on another machine and I upgraded everything to the same level, but it's not affected.

Does anyone else here know what the problem could be?

Compare the fontconfig settings on the two machines, for example by
running this command on each system:

awk '/fontconfig/,/^$/' /var/cache/debconf/config.dat

My guess is that the "enable_bitmaps" setting is responsible. You can
change all the settings by running "dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config".
(Restart X after that to be sure.)

Hmm. Well that enable_bitmaps setting was actually the same. But I reconfigured it to 'false' and it worked, so you guessed well.

This is definitely going down on my installation instructions doc.

Thanks alot

Adam

ps nice awk command!