Re: some fonts in kde / iceweasel not anti-aliased - but not all

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 20:04:58 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:

> Got a wierd problem that I can't find any viable solution for in google. I
> set up a new machine with etch, running kde and iceweasel.
>
> Most of the main fonts are not anti-aliased in iceweasel. I downloaded
> firefox and tried that, same result.
>
> The funny thing is that I am running etch on another machine and I upgraded
> everything to the same level, but it's not affected.
>
> Does anyone else here know what the problem could be?

Compare the fontconfig settings on the two machines, for example by
running this command on each system:

awk '/fontconfig/,/^$/' /var/cache/debconf/config.dat

My guess is that the "enable_bitmaps" setting is responsible. You can
change all the settings by running "dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config".
(Restart X after that to be sure.)

          Florian   |