Re: oddity in apt-cache

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 11:34:21AM -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 08:08:22 -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Does this mean that apt-cache reads the local database + the server repositories rather than the just the server repositories? I tend to see that as a bug, not a feature, as it leads people, such as me, to believe a package which was installed at some time in the past on the local machine still exists in the repositories when it has, in fact, been removed.

Sorry to interrupt, but I'm wondering what aptitude show shows?

Doug.

Good question.