oddity in apt-cache

I have three separate machines that have identical entries in /etc/apt/sources.list. All were updated and upgraded this morning as a result of troubleshooting this issue. On machine #1 I can apt-cache show nhfsstone and it returns the expected data on nhfsstone. On machines 2 and 3 it tells me that the nhfsstone package cannot be found. Running apt-cache search nfs on all machines yeilds similar results. Machine #1 has nhfsstone included in the result set. Machines 2 and 3 do not. All machines are pointed to: deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian sid main contrib non-free. This just makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm pointing all three to the same set of repositories and yet two machines cannot find a software package the other machine finds. I realize that all machines may not see exactly the same server every time, but to have a package being found on one machine and missing on two others seems very strange.

Can anyone explain this anomaly this to me?