Re: Blog about using Debian for a really small business...

Redefined Horizons wrote:

> http://debforsmallbiz.blogspot.com/

Great idea! I have always wondered about using Debian in actual business
environments. Thanks for posting it here.

> I've started a blog about using Debian Linux to manage the daily
> operations of a really small business. I hope to run the business with
> only open source software, with Debian as my operating system.

I am not sure I agree here. Running business with only open source software?
It might be possible, but at some point or another you have to use some
non-free stuff. For example your customers insist upon some proprietary
software. Would you go about advocating free software to this guy and risk
loosing him or yield to his requests and use proprietary software? I would
say just keep an open mind.

> I hope the Debian community will view this as a good thing.

I for one am very interested in seeing how this goes.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/