RE: Problems with sarge to etch upgrade

>From: cummingspatrick@hotmail.com
>To: ghostbar@debian.org.ve
>CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>Subject: RE: Problems with sarge to etch upgrade
>Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:37:37 -0400
>
>> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:28:32 -0400
>> From: ghostbar@debian.org.ve
>> CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>> Subject: Re: Problems with sarge to etch upgrade
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

>> --
>>

>I will check my RAM with memtest when I can afford a downtime, however this problem appeared exactly after I upgraded from sarge to etch, so I find it weird it >might be hardware related.
>Right now I'm running with my /tmp(was xfs) in the same partition as /(currently ext3), and it is stable.

So I finally had some time and tested the memory with memtest. I got 5 passes without errors, so I guess it was not that. It's also ECC memory.
However now the problem is getting worst. Sometimes it crashes ans I lose access to /var. It crashes every 30 minutes and I must restart the computer.
Is there any way to get out of this without a clean install? I think that's what I will do. That will be very complex since there is so much on this computer. I guess I should have continued with sarge.

Soyez parmi les premiers à essayer Windows Live Mail.