Re: Oh, yeah: Unable to switch to TTY from X

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 04:03:29PM -0400, Amy Templeton wrote:
> Bob McGowan wrote:
> > I presume you mean that using the 'Alt-Ctl-F#' keys fails
> > to switch to a tty console
>
> Yes, that's correct. Also note that before I start X (or
> after I exit it altogether), I *can* switch from VT to VT
> with Alt-F#.

I had the same problem just recently after my machine had been up for a
couple of days following an upgrade to Etch.  Unfortunately, I couldn't
figure out the problem, so I just rebooted (couldn't kill X with a
ctrl-alt-bksp).  Everything was fine after that.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez