opinion sought: lvm vs. evms

I run a couple of rack-mount servers, each containing 4 fairly large SATA disks.

I'm getting ready to rebuild one of the boxes as a development/staging environment. I'm considering using Xen, with an etch Dom0, and wondering what's the best way to manage the underlying disk space for maximum flexibility, with a level of reliability. (Actually, my preference would be to run opensolaris with ZFS as Dom0, but that's not quite there yet).

I'm torn between using md to raid the disks and running LVM on top of that, or using EVMS to handle it all - and looking for opinions on the pluses and minuses of each (and, for that matter, opinions on how well EVMS is still supported).

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions?

Thanks very much,

Miles