Re: Fullscreen on dual monitors

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 16:37 +0800, Bob wrote:
> When you do this does one of your screens shimmer?
I do but only very seldom on the secondary screen, mostly when I have
something with a bright background (say a blank document in OpenOffice).
But since my secondary screen is pretty much exclusively used for
console work (white on black) it doesn't really bother me.

> > So is there a way to restrict one application to only one physical screen?
> >

> Sorry, don't know, with video overlay you can control which screen it
> works on with
>         Option "OverlayOnCRTC2" "true"
> in your xorg.conf despite this quote from the RADEON driver man page
> "the option OverlayOnCRTC2 has been replaced by the Xv attribute
> XV_SWITCHCRT; the overlay can be switched to CRT1 or CRT2 on the fly in
> clone mode"

I'm not using clone mode - my desktop is extended over both screens.  My
overlay seems to go over both screens.  I'll try it anyway.

Thanks
Hans