Fullscreen on dual monitors

Hi guys,

I am using two 19" LCD screens on a Radeon 7000 card, using the radeon
driver (not fglrx, it does not support this card).  I have it set up using
MergedFB which gives me one big desktop that is 3D accelerated too.

I have WindowsXP running in VMware for some testing, and I'd like to get
it full screen on one screen.  But when I make it full screens, it takes
over both screens, and just draws it desktop down the middel of the big
desktop (half half over each LCD screen).

OK, I'll use rdesktop to get into it.  Tried that: rdesktop -f make one
enormous desktop accross both screens - just like my linux desktop.

Now this is where I would normally stop thinking it can't be done without
changing my xorg setup, but if I play a movie with mplayer in full screen,
it goes fullscreen on only one screen.  I can specify -vo x11 or -vo xv
they all do the same.

So is there a way to restrict one application to only one physical screen?

Thanks
Hans