Re: Sources list for upgrade from sarge to etch?

Michelle Konzack wrote the following on 18.04.2007 19:46:
> Am 2007-04-09 23:35:38, schrieb Thilo Six:
>> afaik
>>> Deb ftp://ftp.usdebian.org/debian/ oldstable main contrib. non-free
>                                      ^
>                     This SLASH should not be there.
>
>>   ^    ^^         ^                                        ^
>>   |     |         |                                         `no dot here
>>   |     |          ` there should be a dot
>>   |      ` should be http
>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>        Why?  FTP is much faster!

For the same reason ftp is not available during install anymore.
Only the http servers are on CDs.

AND NO it is NOT faster.
In fact it puts more stress on mirrors for the same effort (and speed).

If you don´t belive me, read the specific docs available online.

> Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
>     Michelle Konzack

bye Thilo
--