Re: Sources list for upgrade from sarge to etch?

"Michael Kerwin" <michael@kerputer.com> wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade a computer from sarge to etch and I am reading
> the release notes about it and it says to use aptitude to update and
> etc.
> My question is what should I change my sources.list in /etc/apt to?
> Because it says in the release notes to make sure it points to sarge
> when doing the update.

Do you mean Appendix A?

"This appendix contains information on how to make sure you can install
or upgrade sarge packages before you upgrade to etch. This should only
be necessary in specific situations."

What you need is this:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#s-upgrade-process

But you should read everything again carefully.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)