Re: Good Debian/Linux FTP Client program ???

Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 20:46 +0200, Mathias Brodala wrote:
>> [0] http://filezilla-project.org/
>>

> The development model for FileZilla sucks compared to most other GUI FTP
> programs.
>
> It does a lot of screwy things. I can't properly transfer stuff to or
> from many "standard" ftp servers... including a couple of "FileZilla FTP
> Daemons".
>
> Though Filezilla is a very nice Idea, it is aimed at Microsoft Visual
> Studio development, though it does compile on Linux, it is a very filthy
> code base.

Finding this on their home page.... (click features):

<qoute>
Overview

FileZilla is a fast and reliable FTP client for windows with lots of
useful features and an intuitive interface.
</quote>

... I am not surprised that Greg is not impressed... 8-)

Johannes