Re: Good Debian/Linux FTP Client program ???

Hi Randy.

Randy Patterson, 18.04.2007 20:36:
> I am looking for a good FTP Client. Seaching for specific FTP related topics
> seems to produce more information than is manageable. I do a lot of web
> development and I am moving from Windoze to Debian and my previous FTP client
> doesn't have a Linux install. I didn't see anything like "Kftp" in my KDE
> menu systems. Any suggestions for a good highly configurable FTP client?

$ apt-cache search kde ftp client
gambas-gb-net-curl - The Gambas advanced networking component
kasablanca - fast and free ftp client for KDE
kftpgrabber - ftp client for KDE
gambas2-gb-net-curl - The Gambas advanced networking component

Additionally you can use Konqueror directly for managing FTP transfers. THE ftp
client, FileZilla[0], is pretty much useable but not yet finished. But you still
might want to give it a try.

Regards, Mathias

[0] http://filezilla-project.org/

--