Re: Idea for weekly/monthy wallpaper/themes package

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:02:45PM -0700, a.list.address@gmail.com wrote:
> > Sounds like something to dicuss at the new debian-community.org site!
> > join the mailing list and if you want a place for these, ask holger.
>
> Well, thanks, but I'm not sure what the point of Yet Another Mailing
> List is when we already have debian-user, which is also available as
> list archives and newsgroups at several other sites.  I have enough
> trouble just keeping up with this list.  I already have disk space and
> bandwidth for hosting, I just wondered if anyone thought it was a good
> idea.
Each list has different purposes. Debian-user is about user support.
Debian-community is about making things like wall papers, themes, and
what-not that maybe used by all members of the debian community. Hosting
is one reason and having all these things in one place is another. You
are welcome to host it on your own but if you wish, contact
debian-community.org.
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|