Re: where is libptp2?

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 00:24 -0300, Bruno Buys wrote:
Anyone here use the libptp2 package? It talks to usb ptp devices. I am
quite sure I used it under sarge x86. But running etch amd64 now, and I
can't find it anywhere. Neither apt-cache search, google, apt-get.org or
packages.debian.org (and I looked under oldstable also).
The sf page for libptp seem to be not very active, the tar.gz file is a
bit old and won't compile ok. Is this the end for libptp?

I find no trace of such package in Sarge, are you sure it wasn't from a
third party archive?

It would help if you could explain why you need it, or what device
you're using. For digital cameras, I think gphoto has PTP support. I
also find libmtp5 for MTP communication, but I'm not sure if it supports
PTP also.

Hi sven,
Maybe I got the package in the author's website. I can't remember exactly, its been sometime. I used ptpcam to connect my nikon d70s camera to sarge. Nikon's usb storage support didn't work with sarge, so I had to use it set to ptp mode, at that time. Now, under etch, d70s mounts ok with usb storage, so I never bothered anymore with ptp mode. The problem was the other day it kinda failed with ugly fat error lines under dmesg, so I decided to test the card in ptp mode. It was strange, the camera was acessing the images with no problem, but etch couldn't do the same, fat errors. It happened to one compact flash card, only. Three others worked as expected.