Re: Recommend inexpensive MP3 player?

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:47:45 +0200
Magnus Pedersen <bofhenator@gmail.com> wrote:

> And the gnomad in Debian is borked!
>
> You need to compile your own, but then it "just works".
>
> It almost work with libmtp in amarok and konqueror, you can erease files
> and list stuff, but not upload new files ;-) That stops being fun rather
> quick.

That seems to mirror my experiences with the iriver T30. Question -
would getting gnomad make life any easier? I guess I can give it a try.

I wonder if we just have to wait for a beefier libmtp. Either that, or
better integration with it and Amarok and other methods. It seems
strange that reading (and deleting) would be supported but not writing
new files (after all, a delete is a sort of write, isn't it?)

Of course, having a better mp3 player is an option, just not one for me
at present.

Interesting thing about libmtp - I stumbled across it after reading a
writeup about the Iriver T30 & linux, suggesting that it be interfaced
similarly to what gphoto2 does with certain cameras that aren't UMS
capable. Having had similar issues with such a device last year, a
light bulb went off in my head and I started looking in more detail.
After all, it came to be a fruitful search, as I was about to return
the item as non-working to the store.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.