php failure with iceweasel

I am unable to log into the web mail screen of my hosting provider,
because iceweasel doesn't know how to handle the php script
"login.php".  iceweasel asks if I wish to open the script or save the
it as a file.

In its previous incarnation running Etch, the machine was able to log
into the web mail screen.

This is a fresh installation of Debian Lenny on an i386 desktop
machine.  I did not knowingly install any of the various PHP packages,
and I cannot find my notes from the previous installation to see what
I may have done to get this working.

RLH