Re: Realplayer doesn't play, reeally.

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:36:12 +0200
Joe Hart <j.hart@orange.nl> wrote:

> --

I agree with what Joe says regarding proprietary software.  Have you
considered using Mplayer and its Mozilla plugin?  I use it to view
streaming Windows Media Video (on the BBC website) and Quicktime on AMD64 Etch
with no problems.  As you're obviously using an X86 machine you can get
the binary codecs for Mplayer and it should play Real Video, sort of
goes against my first statement but if needs must.  MPlayer on AMD64
will play BBC Radio live streams as they are only audio.  This at
least should work.  I can't get Real Video to work on AMD64 but you
might with the binary codecs.

Ananda