Re: Test X for some minuts

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 10:57:37AM -0300, gustavo halperin wrote:

> I updated debian stable to release 4. In this update also was updated X.
> Now, after run 'startx' the fonts in the eligtenment-epplets are to big but
> this is not the worse problem. The worse problem is that after few seconds
> the Xserver not recognize the mouse and the keyboard.
>  So my question is if I can made changes in the xorg.conf  file and let to
> Xserver run for some minutes and down. My idea is run the X just for check
> if every think is OK.

Sure. I'm sure there are better ways, but I would do this:

	startx& sleep 600;killall icewm

I happen to use icewm as my window manager.  That would read in English as
"Run startx.  Wait ten minutes, then run killall on the icewm program,
ending the X session."

You could also just wait a few minutes, then when you're satisfied press
Ctrl-Alt-F1, which will drop you back into the first virtual terminal (while
leaving X running).
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!