Test X for some minuts

Hello,

I updated debian stable to release 4. In this update also was updated X. Now, after run 'startx' the fonts in the eligtenment-epplets are to big but this is not the worse problem. The worse problem is that after few seconds the Xserver not recognize the mouse and the keyboard.
  So my question is if I can made changes in the xorg.conf  file and let to Xserver run for some minutes and down. My idea is run the X just for check if every think is OK.

 Thank you in advance,
      Gustavo