Re: Further problems with OOo

On 4/15/07, andy <geek_show@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
My wife, using Etch, was writing a long document in OOo, went to go and
save it as *.doc (for transport to work) and the document crashed. Now
everything except the very earliest save is gone! She is *not* impressed
(so much for my Linux advocacy!).
How can I recover the document - the auto-recovery of OOo only retrieved
the earlier stuff, but all changes she has made over the last few hours
are gone.

Any guides on how I can rescue and resuscitate the document as close to
when it crashed as possible and save my wife's emotional sanity?

A BIG thanks

http://www.oooforum.org/ will be more suit to ask for help.
If you can't find any newer version in ~/.openoffice.org2/user/backup/ , there maybe little hope to rescue your data.
OOo isn't reliable to convert large/long document into m$'s format, even ms word sucks in long document with its own  format.