Re: DeLi Linux

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 09:36:00PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2007, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> > Why not have a look at DeLi linux.
> >
> > http://delili.lens.hl-users.com/
> >
> > DeLi Linux stands for "Desktop Light" Linux. It is a Linux Distribution for
> > old computers, from 486 to Pentium MMX 166 or so. It's focused on desktop
> > usage. It includes email clients, graphical web browser, an office package
> > with word processor and spreadsheet, and so on. A full install, including
> > XOrg and development tools, needs not more than 350 MB of harddisk space.

How do all these small linuxen deal with security?  I know that with
Debian, I get the best linux security going.

If you limit all OS/distros to able to run well on a small machine AND
have an excellent security suport infrastructure, then the field is
itself rather small.  In other words:

	Very tiny to as big as you like: NetBSD
	Small to as big as you like: OpenBSD
	Big: Debian, OpenBSD, NetBSD. (don't know about FreeBSD).

I haven't been able to find a linux of any size with as good a track
record on security as Debian (I don't know about the paid services like
SuSE and RHES).

Doug.