Re: iceweasel/iceape/epiphany/galeon download manager problems (etch)

"Andreas Goesele" <Goesele@hfph.mwn.de> writes:

> having moved from sarge to etch I now have a big problem with the
> browsers in the subject line: Downloading a page is incredibly slow
> or even makes the browsers hang:

I should have written "saving a page" is incredibly slow.

Now it's clear that this only is the case, if the download directory
has many files in it. (Other applications manage, so it is still a
problem.)

But now I'm wondering.

Earlier versions of firefox had their own "save as" dialog - giving
for instance the choice whether the just the html page, or the whole
page should be saved.

But now at least I get something which looks like the standard gnome
"save as" dialog. (I use KDE.) It's three part: Name, Save in Folder,
Browse for other folders. No choice of what to save. Is that now for
all etch users the case? Or could it be an indication of where lies my
problem? Why would this gnome "save as" dialog considered to be an
improvement?

Thanks again!

Andreas Goesele

--
Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.