Re: teTeX --> TeX live: When to migrate?

Johannes Wiedersich wrote the following on 11.04.2007 19:49:
> Thilo Six wrote:
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/04/msg00006.html
>
> From there, I get:
> < the Debian TeX Task force is currently preparing an upload of TeX Live
> < 2007 to unstable.
>           ^^^^^^^^
> Doesn't concern etch. Having both available on etch, when should *I*
> upgrade?

if you would have read on, you would have found in the following sentence:
<----------------------------------------------------------------------
With this version, teTeX will vanish as a separate
package and only continue to exist as transitional packages.

teTeX has been abandoned upstream.  TeX Live, which uses most of the
scripts developed for teTeX, is its successor in Debian (and elsewhere),
and we do not plan to support both systems beyond the lifetime of etch.

To me this answers your question quite clear.

> Thanks,
> Johannes

bye Thilo
--