Re: Console Login of kdm disappeared after upgrade to Etch

Kent West wrote:

    I tried 'init 3', 'kdm stop' but nothing seems to work

When you say that you tried "kdm stop", do you mean you tried "/etc/init.d/kdm stop"? If not, try that. (You'll need to do so as super-user).

Thanks Kent, long time no hear ! - Yes, yes, I know. Alt-F2, log on, su, etc.
How ugly.

No, I was
1. hoping for a way to get Console Login back
2. trying to understand, what 'kdm stop' does. It does:
# kdm stop
#
but doesn't stop it.

Uwe