Re: Console Login of kdm disappeared after upgrade to Etch

On 4/10/07, Uwe Dippel <udippel@uniten.edu.my> wrote:
I did the upgrade, with some minor problems on X.
In order to debug it, I need a console login. Alas, kdm has lost the
'Console Login' option here. Also, X cannot be killed with a series of
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace any longer, it came back here for surely 30 times.

I tried 'init 3', 'kdm stop' but nothing seems to work

When you say that you tried "kdm stop", do you mean you tried "/etc/init.d/kdm stop"? If not, try that. (You'll need to do so as super-user).

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com