Re: Wireless G WPA2 PCI Card Suggestion Please

Celejar wrote:
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 07:59:15 -0400
"Andrew J. Barr" <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:

Celejar wrote:
On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 17:10:05 -0400
Grok Mogger <linuximp@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

	I'd like to get a Wireless PCI Card for my Linux system.
I'd like it to support WPA2 and also be Wireless G. I am currently using Debian, but this is a new system, so I'm perfectly willing to switch to another distribution if necessary. I'm willing to try new things if it'll make it easy to get a working wireless card. =)

	Can anyone suggest a card to get?  Thanks!
I am suitably impressed with the bcm43xx driver--I've been using it with the Airport Extreme card in my PowerBook G4.

I've used it too, with the AirForce One 4318 in my Acer laptop, but I
can't get it to do WEP, and it seems to cause some system instablity.
In the archives of this list (and those of debian-laptop) you'll find
that others (e.g Freddy Freeloader) have had even more difficulty with
it, so at the very least YMMV with bcm43xx.

FWIW, I am using it just fine with WPA-Enteprise. It seems to like disconnecting every 90 minutes or so, but this kernel is a touch out of date (2.6.18-4-powerpc). It's not a huge deal however, because NetworkManager usually reconnects it right away.

The driver is new and as such is actively developed. I would imagine there's a world of difference in the most recent versions.

Andrew

Celejar