Re: Beautifying Debian Etch

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 15:14:35 -0400 (EDT) eklektik wrote:
>    For me the problem is that etch default look and feel is totally
> out of date. Even those who doesn't have artistic training can sense
> that the artworks are amateurish. When I showed the artworks to my
> graphic designer friends they were horrified.
>
>    But here is a question; why did you choose Rodent as a default
> when there are so many awesome icons are available on the gnome look
> site?

   It is not my intention to say something unfriendly, but I must say
that I still strongly prefer the original design.

   Displaying a home directory with a picture of a house, depicting
the 'settings' with a spanner? Children will like it, but as an adult
I feel insulted.

   And sophisticated artwork just serves a certain target audience;
there are others (like me) to whom it is just irritating.

   Apparently, personal tastes can vary very widely.

--
Sjoerd
(who has fled to Blackbox)