Re: ext3 Partition 6GB less than underlying logical volume even after resizing using resize2fs

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:54:28PM +0530, Siju George wrote:
> On 4/6/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> How about JFS's Speed compared to ext3, ReiserFS. XFS etc in your
> observation?

I din't try XFS; I forget the specifics but there seem to have been
problems.  Even on my 486, JFS is pleanty fast enough.

I looked more at the motivation and purpose behind the developers.  IBM
needed a fs that was solidly reliable and would recover quickly and
gracefully from a server crash so that the server could auto-reboot and
get serving again.  They wrote JFS.  Their needs matched mine well.

On IBM's website and I think an article in the LinuxGazzette there was a
comparision on various benchmarks.  JFS was a solid performer all
around; better than ext3 in most cases.

Doug.