Re: Beautifying Debian Etch

On 4/6/07, eklektik <joz_mak@yahoo.ca> wrote:

Hello,

I installed Etch recently, with the help of the good people of this mailing
list. Now, it works perfectly, but I hate its look. So I decided that I
completely redesign the desktop. Now the work is complete and I wrote a
short article in my blog about the redesign process. The article includes
screenshots and original artworks. Do you like the redesign? You can read
the article here.

You've no idea how hard it was to make sure that we've common artwork
between the three major desktop environments and come up with
debian-moreblue. I like debian-moreblue more than your stuff, but I'm
of course biased.

The problem I see with your artwork is that the red swirl seems to be
something lost over the blue wallpaper, asking some artists that have
no idea about what Debian is give me the impression that
debian-moreblue was the right decision.

Closing, Debian is not and never will be about hate each other's work,
if you're satisfied with your own stuff, great! If you think that
almost all the users would enjoy that you're free to join us at
debian-desktop mailing list and submit your desktop-base (this is a
source package) theme, to be used in KDE, Xfce and GNOME, you really
need to keep it also in mind.

thanks,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com